Category: Computers and Internet


Videos and pictures of the gang rape of a teenager, published to Twitter, have led to a police hunt for more than 30 men suspected of participating in it.

The attackers posted graphic pictures and videos of the assault on the unconscious 16-year-old girl on Twitter.

Police told The Associated Press that armed men assaulted the girl on Saturday 21 May in Jacarepaguá, on the west side of Rio de Janeiro, she was visiting to see her boyfriend.

According to her witness statement that was leaked to the media, she arrived at her boyfriend’s home at around 1am on Saturday and was alone with him. The next thing she remembered was waking up naked on Sunday morning in another house with the group of armed men.

 “When I woke up there were 33 guys on top of me. I just want to go home,” she told Brazil’s O Globo newspaper.

It was days before she realised her attackers had published footage and pictures.

The video of the rape was first seen in Brazilian social media on Tuesday, AP reported.

In the 40-second clip, three male voices can be heard mocking the woman, who is naked, visibly wounded and unconscious, Folha de S. Paulo reports.

The girl’s grandmother told the same paper she watched the video, saying: “I regretted watching it. When we heard the story we didn’t believe what was happening. It’s a great affliction. It’s a depressing situation. She is not well. She is very confused. This was very serious.”

One man tweeted an image of her with the words: “Pounded the girl – get it? Hahaha”.

Before the account of the person who posted the video was suspended, people responded with smiley emojis and thumbs up and the video received 550 likes.

Arrest warrants have been issued for the girl’s 19-year-old boyfriend, a 41-year-old man for rape while two other men are wanted for posting the images to social media, The Globe & Mail reported.

The incident sparked outrage on Twitter under the hashtag #EstuproNuncaMais, “Rape never again”.

The rape has sent shock-waves across the country, highlighting what some see as its poor attitude towards rape.

Just before news of the gang rape broke, Brazil’s Education Minister met with actor Alexandre Frota to discuss comments he had made that he would have sex with a woman who had not consented.

Think Olga, a Sao Paulo based-feminist group, issued a statement after the attack saying:  “Women worldwide take their own lives when they find themselves in such circumstances, because they fear the same impunity that allows their perpetrators to defame them on social media.

“This absurd violation of their privacy is comparable in severity to the crime itself, because it multiplies thousands of times with every view, every click.”

Source: Brazil Gang Rape Images Posted To Twitter, Prompting Police Hunt For More Than 30 Men

Advertisements

According to reports, the world’s largest electronics manufacturer Foxconn has replaced around 60,000 human factory workers with machines. Or, as a government publicist for the city of Kunshan told the South China Morning Post, the factory “reduced employee strength from 110,000 to 50,000 thanks to the introduction of robots. It has tasted success in reduction of labour costs.”

Although Foxconn confirmed to the BBC that it was working to automate much of its manufacturing operations, the company denied that the new robotic assembly line would mean fewer jobs for humans. Instead, the company says it is simply using the machines to “replace repetitive tasks previously done by employees” while allowing those employees to focus on more valuable parts of the manufacturing process like R&D and quality control. “We will continue to harness automation and manpower in our manufacturing operations,” Foxconn told the BBC, “and we expect to maintain our significant workforce in China.”

Meanwhile, the South China Morning Post also reports that 35 Taiwanese companies including Foxconn have spent a total of 4 billion yuan (or about $609 million USD) on artificial intelligence last year. Many of those companies employ tens of thousands in Kunshan, where two-thirds of the 2.5 million people are migrant workers. According to a government survey, 600 companies in Kunshan plan to follow Foxconn’s lead.

In 2012, a report from the Fair Labor Association showed that working conditions in Foxconn’s manufacturing facilities — where most of Apple’s products are made — were way below legal standards. Both Apple and Foxconn agreed to pitch in and improve the conditions for their human workers

.

Source: Foxconn replaces 60,000 human workers with robots

French investigators raided Google’s Paris headquarters on Tuesday as part of a probe over tax payments, a source close to the finance ministry told Reuters.

Investigators have been probing Google’s offices in central Paris since 0500 am (0300 GMT), said the source, who declined to be named.

“A raid is underway at Google’s,” the source said, confirming a report in French daily Le Parisien.

About 100 investigators are part of the raid, Le Parisien wrote.

A spokesman for Google was not immediately available for comment.

France, Britain and other countries have long complained at the way Google, Yahoo! and other digital giants generate profits in their countries but have their tax base in other countries, where corporate tax rates are far lower.

France is seeking some 1.6 billion euros (1.22 billion pounds) in back taxes from U.S. Internet giant Google, criticised for its use of aggressive tax optimisation techniques, another finance ministry source had said in February.

Google had in January agreed to pay 130 million pounds in back taxes to Britain, prompting criticism from opposition lawmakers and campaigners.

Source: French investigators raid Google’s Paris HQ over tax case – source | Reuters

A RACIST YouTuber with over 40,000 subscribers has had her channel suspended because of her vile videos.

The young girl known only as Evalion has filmed herself singing Happy Birthday to Hitler and explaining how to recognise a Jew.

Some of her most popular videos are titled ‘Why Hitler Wasn’t Evil’ and ‘How Feminists Supported Rape by Causing the Migrant Crisis’.

The girl is thought to be an 18-year-old living in Canada and narrates her videos in a sweet, girlish tone.

YouTube were alerted to the offensive nature of her videos when she was the subject of a video by fellow vlogger Leafyishere.

The video was called ‘The Most Racist Girl On The Entire Internet’.

The teenager has openly admitted to being a Holocaust denier and has called Hitler a “brilliant” and “compassionate man”.

In her videos she has said: “Do you hate Jews as much as I do?” and “Do you want to know how to spot a Jew”.

On Hitler’s birthday, she filmed herself singing Happy Birthday in front of a picture of the Nazi leader.

Her suspension from the video sharing site has sparked a massive debate on social media over whether she should be banned or not.

One Twitter user called Spanky the Monkey said: “If you love free speech, then you have to allow ALL people to speak!”

And @Polite_Critical said: “I don’t support what Evalion says, but I defend her right to say it.”

However other people agreed with the Google owned video platform’s decision.

@HeroticTV said: ‘YouTube has every reason to ban Evalion from YouTube.”

And Craig Ewen said: “I think Evalion deserved it. At the end of the day YouTube is a place kids 5+ can go to.”

An official YouTube spokesperson said: “That channel was terminated by us because it violated policies against hate speech.”

Source: Racist video blogger Evalion booted off YouTube after posting shocking videos where she praises Hitler and racially abuses Jews and black people.

Two teenagers who plotted to kidnap babies by offering free designer children’s clothes through a fake Facebook page have been sentenced to 12 months behind bars.

Holly Kelland, 18, set up a profile under a different name with the aim of contacting mothers with young children.

Together with school friend Codie Farrar, 17, Kelland tried to lure in targets by telling them they had won prizes, including designer baby clothes, in fictitious raffles.

The pair managed to convince one mother to hand over her home address and Farrar later visited, pretending to be a social worker who needed to take the baby away for a ‘medical assessment’.

However the woman became suspicious when Farrar held the baby’s head incorrectly and notified social services.

Police later arrested the teenager, who said Kelland had recruited her to try and kidnap the baby.

Both girls were handed 12-month detention orders after previously admitting to conspiracy to kidnap three babies, identified only as ‘U’, ‘S’ and ‘W’, in September last year.

Kelland, of Wolverhampton, also admitted to three further counts of fraud by false representation.

Sentencing the girls at Derby Youth Court, District Judge Jonathan Taaffe said: ‘By its very nature this is a case of extreme seriousness.

‘A plan was hatched to kidnap a baby and not followed through, and fortunately it was only the alertness of the mother that prevented the actual kidnap taking place.

‘It was not a momentary decision but a prolonged period of action which involved setting up of a fake Facebook account to obtain details of new-born babies and families’ details.

‘It involved travelling to areas far away from home, and masquerading as a social worker.

‘The baby was held by Codie, who was pretending to be a health care professional, and the distress caused to the babies and their mothers should not be underestimated.’

The court heard that three new mothers were regularly asked for their addresses in conversations with Kelland and Farrar who operated under the fake Facebook profile.

Source: Two girls jailed for trying to kidnap babies by luring mothers by offering free kids clothes | Daily Mail Online

%d bloggers like this: